Thursday, March 15, 2012

Stand in Holy Places

This entry is part of my general conference application series.

Stand in Holy Places, by Thomas S. Monson
President, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints


Think of how different things are now than they were when you were younger. Last night I caught myself feeling grateful that I grew up in the "dark ages" of limited access to instant information.

Why would I be thinking this way? I accidentally left my smart phone at work, you see, and couldn't quickly look for information on whatever entered my mind.

Life was good then. But life is good now.

But it has also evolved in interesting ways:

Also evolving at a rapid rate has been the moral compass of society. Behaviors which once were considered inappropriate and immoral are now not only tolerated but also viewed by ever so many as acceptable.

Presient Monson mentioned the lack of moral fiber in this whirlwind of "anything goes." I have a solution:

Moral Fiber cereal—it's not just for politicians!

In case you don't have access to this new line of breakfast foods, consider President Monson's advice:

As the winds of change swirl around us and the moral fiber of society continues to disintegrate before our very eyes, may we remember the Lord’s precious promise to those who trust in Him: "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

And you can be sure He will be there for you. Because His right hand isn't holding a distracting smart phone!

0 thoughts