Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Love Her Mother

This entry is part of my general conference application series.

Love Her Mother, by Elaine S. Dalton
Young Women General President


In case you haven't heard, let me tell you now: I love my wife! It helps that she's so amazing, funny, kind, caring, and beautiful!

I should also tell you that I love my children (I have three sons and one daughter). While I love my sons very much, I'm going to write about the girls in my life today.

I liked Sister Dalton's talk because as I reviewed it, I felt like I was doing all right. Even more, in the areas where I can improve, the improvements that came to my mind were all great fun! Here's what I mean: Sister Dalton's answer to the important question, "How can a father raise a happy, well-adjusted daughter in today's increasingly toxic world?" includes:

Love her mother. Lead your family to the temple, be guardians of virtue, and magnify your priesthood.

See what I mean? All fun things!

After reading the talk, I took a look at pictures of our family adventures over the last few months. Here are the ones that stood out the most to me with regard to loving my wife and cherishing my little girl:

I love my beautiful wife... even if she is 30 years old!


She's also quite silly


And adventurous, too (looking for alligators here)


My daughter has learned many things from her mother, including:

Respect waves, even baby waves


Appreciate beauty


Don't be afraid to have fun (even if you get all sandy)


Be gentle with God's creations



Give lots and lots of hugs


Create beautiful things



Pets are great (and maybe we'll get our own someday)


Smile in the rain


Confront challenges head-on (even super challenges)


Family is forever


I love you, Rebecca!

0 thoughts