Friday, May 4, 2012

As We Gather Once Again

This entry is part of my general conference application series.  

As We Gather Once Again, by Thomas S. Monson  
President, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
 

Despite the importance of dreams in many scripture stories, I don't put much emphasis on my dreams for some reason. I guess I don't think that my apparent fascination with sleepy-time flight has much relevance to the awake hours. However, I had a vivid dream the other night that got me excited:

In my dream, I was happily reading the Ensign issue with the general conference proceedings. I remember the big smile on my face and how content I was to review the messages I had watched a few weeks ago. When I woke up, I was sad to realize that the magazine hadn't yet arrived, and I determined that I wouldn't wait months to review the talks (like I've been doing in the past year or so).

So here I am, happily reviewing the talks. Now. Not three months from now where I have to sprint to finish them all days before the next conference occurs.

Just like when they were broadcast live, I "have come to be instructed and inspired."

Bring it on!

Oh, by the way, here's something else I did early rather than late: I harvested the talks' words and made a word cloud to see what I might look forward to learning about. Do you see any recurring themes that interest you?


I admit that it doesn't look like there is much unexpected in the word cloud. Instead of being disappointed by the lack of anything unexpected, I'm excited to see what small things catch me unaware--because the infrequent occurring things wouldn't make it to the cloud anyway.

And you know, it's by small and simple things... (See Alma 34:6)

0 thoughts