Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Welcome to Conference

This entry is part of my general conference application series.

Welcome to Conference, by President Thomas S. Monson


I love the summaries that President Monson provides at the start of each conference; I can't help but get excited over what has been accomplished, and what we will be able to do in the future.

While describing the rededication of the Mexico City, Mexico Temple, President Monson mentioned that he and President Eyring were each given a serape and sombrero (shown, in part, below).


As part of the proceedings, President Monson "couldn't resist serenading the group with an impromptu version of 'El Rancho Grande," an old Mexican folk song. Similarly, I can't resist sharing the video of the singing, located at 0:51 in the following video (links: YouTube, KSL):



Although speaking of temple dedications, I think the following quote applies equally well to general conference:

We look forward to these occasions. There is something about a temple dedication which prompts a reevaluation of one’s own performance and a sincere desire to do even better.

I loved participating in conference, and I look forward to recording how I've applied the messages from the conference to my life.

I promise not to sing! ... at least I'll try not to.

0 thoughts